District Leadership Team
Dr. Jesse Brannen
Biography: Dr. Jesse Brannen married his wife Susan Howard on April 3rd, 1981. Together, they have 3 children; Joshua Brannen, Sara (Brannen) Brown, and Jesse Brannen III and 4 grandchildren; McCain Brown, Lillian Brown, Vivian Brown, Adalyn Brannen.
- 2008, appointed Senior Pastor of The United Methodist Temple in Port Arthur, Texas.
- June, 2005, Ordained an Elder in the United Methodist Church
- 2003, appointed to serve the Cheatham Memorial UMC, Edgewood Texas.
- 1999-2003, Student local pastor at Edom/Sexton Chapel charge Texas Annual Conference.
- May, 2001, Ordained a Deacon in the United Methodist Church.
- June 1996, Student Pastor, Boling Chapel/Fordsville UMCs, Kentucky Conference.
- Youth minister at Wesleyan Heights UMC in Owensboro, Kentucky June 1994 – June 1996.
Mrs. Sharon Krowl
Sharon was born and raised in San Antonio, Texas.
- Life long Methodist.
- She is married to Ivan Krowl )Conference IT Manager) for 54 years.
- They have two children: Shari LeClair and Kathy Cain. She has five grandchildren: Huston (15), Sara (14) Addison (12), Evan (12) and Jenna (11).
- Has worked at the Church level at Gethsemane UMC as Church Secretary and Financial Secretary.
- She worked at the Conference Office, first in the Audio Visual Department (part time).
- She was hired by Dr. Charles Williams to be the Southwest District Office and worked there for 16 years.
- She was privileged to serve at the district level under Dr. Williams, Bishop Hayes, Dr. Karen Dorris, Rev. Gail Ford Smith, Rev. Jay Jackson and Rev. Pat Sparks.
- She retired from the district office and recently has been asked to come and work with Dr. Jesse Brannen and Margo Varro in the Central South District.
Mrs. Margo Varro
Margo Varro has worked over 40 years in many different churches as a Church Musician, Choir Director, and Administrator. She joined the Central South District staff in January 2018. Born and raised in Michigan, after graduating from high school, she moved to Seattle, Washington to attend Seattle Pacific University where she graduated with a Music degree in piano performance. She met her husband, Frank, there in 1966 and they were married in 1967. That same year, Frank and she traveled to Taiwan where they were missionaries for three years with Overseas Radio and TV. Both taught music also at Taipei American School in Taipei. Returning to the states, Frank earned a Doctorate in Choral Music from the University of Washington and they traveled to Oregon, Ohio, and Texas where he served as Assistant Professor at colleges and universities. Margo earned a degree in Education with a Teacher’s Certificate at University of Texas Permian Basin and taught music for five years. She has worked for Corporate VP’s, her last being in Human Resources at American General. Now a clergy spouse, (Frank earned a Doctor of Ministry and is a retired Elder with the Texas Annual Conference), she was the administrator and/or musician in the churches Frank served. Frank and she have three grown children, Shelley Varro Harrington, Steve Varro, and Rob Varro and five grandchildren. They reside in Houston (Summerwood).